file saturns moon titan update. what is it???

9 years 6 months ago #318 by ben evans
saturns moon titan update. what is it??? was created by ben evans
hi, everyone. I was just looking over the photos of Saturn's moon titan that the Cassini spacecraft sent back, and I did notice some variation's between the 3 photos. if you put all of them into a row, and study photo 1 from photo 2,3 you will notice the changes not where the feature is circled, but the whole photo. this is where it gets interesting put photo 1 & 2 side by side, then look at the changes again not at just the strange "feature" that's been forming, and going away, but the whole photo overall. does this mean that this feature is odd or special in any way to titan? maybe that's why nasa, scientists are so puzzled over this. I don't know a whole lot about Saturn's moon titan, and if this might be something that could be a natural process for titan, but when I read in the article that some of the "current explanations" for the feature included: rising bubbles, surface waves, floating solids, and the one that got me wondering what nasa knows that we don't is "solids suspended just below the surface" for nasa to mention "solids" twice tells me that nasa must think whatever this thing is could be a solid object. if true then the object is in a size range of roughly 100 square miles. lets keep in mind as well that the objects location is "Ligeia Mare" witch is one of Titan's hydrocarbon seas. if Cassini's radar has observed the solid or "feature" twice like nasa says, and its appearance has changed between these two sightings could this simply be a change in titans seasons, or something far more complex. please let us know your thoughts on this one because I am completely stumped as to what this could be, and its cause. I am very interested as to what you all think it is? because we get much further when we all work together as our own team to solve things like this. as we all know "nasa" will never let us in on anything. thank you everyone. ben...
theweek.com/article/index/269015/speedreads-mysterious-feature-on-saturns-moon-baffles-nasa-scientists

benny67

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ben evans
  • ben evans's Avatar Topic Author
  • live free or die
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: