file LO4-187-H2

9 years 2 months ago #594 by Todd
LO4-187-H2 was created by Todd
The Montes Rook - Mare Orientale lunar region was imaged by NASA's Lunar Orbiter 4 in 1967. LO4-187-h2 ( made available by the USGS ) shows a vast array of geological terrain on the Moon. The bottom left corner of the image displays a very odd region. The giant mountainous structures (with the existing shadows accompanying them) appear shaped or manipulated into square edges. Also an unusually dark triangular depression is present (center left). The area is reminiscent of Vallis Alpes .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #596 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic LO4-187-H2
Todd this is a great one. I don't think I have this one in my collection! If you have any more send them on over I am planing a Moon-Spree here soon since Mars is fairly well covered and I am getting a little tired of the redness :) haha

More
9 years 2 months ago #610 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic LO4-187-H2
Certainly, It's why I'm here. ;)

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #611 by Todd
May I recommend, if you haven't already, to view Keith Laney's Apollo Orbital Image Gallery . I think you would really benefit from an open line of communication with Keith.

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #635 by Todd
Here's one you'll like. Do you have the Kepler Oblique image taken by NASA'S Lunar Orbiter 3? LO3-162-Med is also on the USGS lunar Orbiter Digitization Project site. That image and its subsequent high res frames (H1-H3) are jaw-droppers. I've seen them talked about over the years but never in any real detail. Smaller versions on the LPI site .

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: