file Fish, Lizard, and Snakes... Oh My!

8 years 7 months ago #2394 by technovative
Fish, Lizard, and Snakes... Oh My! was created by technovative
A fin-tastic group-ering of figures, that curiously resemble things found on Earth, can be seen in an MSL image captured on Sol 1082.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01082/mcam/1082MR0047610160600242E01_DXXX.jpg

This next figure reminds me of the Frilled-Neck Lizard of Australia.

These next two objects look strikingly... like their serpent kin here on the blue marble. The first, a forked tongue devil, the second reminiscent of it's Mayan cousin Quetzacoatl .

The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2396 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Fish, Lizard, and Snakes... Oh My!
Strange stuff indeed! The bottom one looks symmetrical too! Welcome to the boards! You will get along nice here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: technovative

More
8 years 7 months ago #2401 by Jim Benson
Replied by Jim Benson on topic Fish, Lizard, and Snakes... Oh My!
Hi,
Do you have any idea of the size of the objects? It looks like they were tooled, and required some skill.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2413 by technovative
Replied by technovative on topic Fish, Lizard, and Snakes... Oh My!
@Will: Thanks for creating and maintaining this site. It's nice to be able to connect with others who are passionate, or just open minded and curious about cosmic exploration and image analysis.

@Jim: In my estimation, these objects are no more than a couple of feet in overall dimension. This is based on the sense of scale that I've gathered from looking at hundreds of curiosity images, sometimes with part of the rover in view as a size reference.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: