file Hand-Cut Stones - MSL 170

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #3064 by Badsneaker
Hand-Cut Stones - MSL 170 was created by Badsneaker
Hi kiddies! :lol:

In my search for Martian footprints, I made a choice to revisit all of Curiosity SOLs. Thanks to WUITS, I have a set of tools that are much better than the ones I had when I started this research last year.

In MSL 170, I came across some items that are very peculiar. No doubt some of this has already been covered. If so, I apologize for the redundancy. ;)

I put together a mozaic of SOL 170 Mastcam Right, and found 3 items in particular. The first is the number of stones/rocks/boulders that have to have been cut by hand, ala Puma Punku with regards to the accuracy of the cuts.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00173/mcam/0173MR0926068000E1_DXXX.jpg

The second is what looks to me to be some sort of trough, shelf, ??. cut into the stone.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00173/mcam/0173MR0926041000E1_DXXX.jpg

Number 3 is a curious rock/boulder that seems to have been cut into a spiral shape. This particular style has come up in other SOLs.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00173/mcam/0173MR0926003000E1_DXXX.jpg

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Badsneaker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #3076 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Hand-Cut Stones - MSL 170

I had busted out the top one ;) The second two are awesome as well!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: