file Odd Features Surrounding Bright Spots On Ceres and More

8 years 8 months ago #2441 by Cruisedad
This is what I'm seeing, and to me it appears to look like a mylar type sheeting over support cables. The cables seem to bend around the wall at the base to attachment points. Looking through the clear mylar and it looks like there are walls, windows, and doors. On the top of this mesa it looks like there are numerous structures sticking up, and on the right side appears to be a staircase, or several staircases descending to the ground. It looks like the mylar only covers 180 degrees or less of this structure. I'm also getting the impression that some of the structures on top of this mesa are quite tall.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2443 by Todd
This is from HAMO Image 6 from Dawn's framing camera. Notice the unusual features in the Northeast portion of the crater wall. ;)

NASA/JPL-Caltech/UCLA/MPS/DLR/IDA Original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisedad

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago #2444 by Todd
Cruisedad, how about molten glass, or crystalline material?

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #2445 by Cruisedad
I'm going to take a closer look at that area and get back to you. Have you taken a closer look yet? You could be right on the material., but we're all just guessing .l thought of the mylar because of the appearance of the material drooping between support cables. If it's the materials your talking about it would definitely be very impressive if created by intelligent beings. I would understand more if it were naturally created by intense heat if it were a crater, and not a mountain, or mesa. You know though Todd, you may be right as we have been looking at these bright lights (furnaces maybe), which these aliens could be using to create this feature.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Cruisedad.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2446 by Cruisedad
Looking closer at the area you were talking about, it seems to be full of structures, pipes, and what appears to be storage tanks.
It looks like a pretty complex operation...it's purpose....well who knows. It would appear to be able to move large volumes of gaseous or fluid material looking at the size of some of the pipes.

Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2498 by Haymaker
Are we not due a lower orbit image of the bright spots by now? Can't wait. In the meantime I've been playing with filters on the previous image.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Haymaker.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2502 by WillFarrar
Hoping it comes out at the September 11th NASA conference. Richard Hoagland pushed Keith Laney and myself roundtable off until the next night to see what they come up with!!! Can't wait. Maybe we will finally see the bright spots from Orbit Mapping Three..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisedad

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: