file Curiosity Sol 710

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #7772 by Haymaker
Curiosity Sol 710 was created by Haymaker
Recently someone posted an an image from Sol 710. I can't find that post now. But it sent me looking. Here is some stuff I find suggestive. No claims of originality as I'm sure some of these images have appeared before and elsewhere.

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0710MR0030150130402507E01_DXXX&s=710
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0710MR0030150140402508E01_DXXX&s=710
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0710MR0030160050402523E01_DXXX&s=710
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Haymaker.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Haymaker
  • Haymaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #7773 by Haymaker
Replied by Haymaker on topic Curiosity Sol 710
The grey rock in image 1 looks artificial.

Image 2 shows a two tone stone with a right angle. There might be an optical illusion here and what looks like one stone could be two or even three. I've looked at this for some time and conclude there are at least two stones, A triangular stone laying just behind the two tone square stone. Maybe not so impressive but still suggestive I think. If it is just one stone as it indeed first appears then it strongly suggests it is artificial. Also just to the right the next stone appears to shoe a round(ish) indentation.

In image 4 it was the angular rock embedded in the larger rock that made me think.

I think images 5 and 6 which are just a few feet from each other strike me as looking like the dilapidated remains of a wall. Particulate the square edged stones bottom left of 5.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Haymaker.

• Haymaker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #7780 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Sol 710
Sol 710 is just amazing and may be the single best sol in terms of possible examples for artifacts. Really everything from the entrance of "Hidden Valley" to "Dingo Gap" is outstanding, making the 700 sols among the best. I made some composites from sol 710, they're a little large but show the overall perspective. It certainly looks like the remnants of some ancient complex. The images were processed from the PDS raw DRCL .img files.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS originals
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Haymaker

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #9937 by Haymaker
Also from 710 - for a long time I thought it was more likely the triangular feature was an optical illusion and just a lighter rock stood in front of darker rock giving the impression of a triangle. On further study I think that is the optical illusion and this really is a triangular feature. Thoughts?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00710/mcam/0710MR0030150090402503E01_DXXX.jpg
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Haymaker.

• Haymaker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #9938 by Haymaker
Here is an oddly shaped shard/wing shaped rock on Sol 710 compared to a similar looking rock on Sol 529.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00529/mcam/0529MR0020920120303334E01_DXXX.jpg
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Haymaker.

• Haymaker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #9940 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Sol 710
The triangular feature could be either of the ones you mentioned, but it could be open as you suggested. The parts and shadows of the rock on the outside of the triagle seem to match the ones in the open space, which leads one to think it may be an open triangle.

I think the "wings" are just odd shaped rocks.

More
6 years 7 months ago #9942 by Haymaker
Sol 529 compared to sol 710 again. Images enlarged and enhanced. Particularly the sol 529 image.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00529/mcam/0529MR0020920030303325E01_DXXX.jpg
Attachments:

• Haymaker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: