file RE: Will's Pyramid Video

8 years 11 months ago #1218 by Badsneaker
RE: Will's Pyramid Video was created by Badsneaker
When I was following up on the SOL featured in Will's video, I discovered something that may or may not be significant.

The pixelation in mountain area in the image is very different than in the rest of the photo. The only adjustments were Auto Contrast, Auto Color, and Black & White adjustment.

In this and many other SOLs it looks to me that the horizons, mountain areas off in the distance, etc, have all been drawn in after the fact. Has anyone else noticed this?

Badsneaker

Will's video:

Original SOL: mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00953/mcam/0953MR0042170110502138E01_DXXX.jpg
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Exedron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1219 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic RE: Will's Pyramid Video

That area is right where fotoforensics finds pixels not in the same resolution as the original! fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=793c157e602b0bb94451f43ad3548f32019225e4.245556
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by WillFarrar.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1222 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic RE: Will's Pyramid Video
That was a very nice discovery, that FotoForensics site! I now put all the images I download through it before I start looking at them. It helps narrow down the search. Nice find, Badsneaker!

More
8 years 11 months ago #1232 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic RE: Will's Pyramid Video
I'm seeing this in just about all of the SOLS. The background mountains, terrain, horizon, all look as though they are painted/drawn in. Nice earth-tone pastel colours, but in stark opposition to what we see in the subject/foregrounds.

I myself have never taken photographs like that. There is always (and should be) some consistency throughout the image.

I find it amazing what the ELA technology is pointing out, although this has been staring out at me all along. We know the images are being altered, but come on...

More
8 years 11 months ago #1234 by Victor
Replied by Victor on topic RE: Will's Pyramid Video
Well noted. And what is that black "spot" floating on the southeast portion of the image?
Wierd.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: