file Mercury - Interesting stuff on NASA Photojournal PIA 15614

7 years 4 months ago #7305 by Joe Hartung
Today I was regarding NASA - Images of the MESSENGER-Mission for the first time. There´s an interesting image, published by NASA under "PIA 15614", Link to it:

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA15614

In the image there are several round shaped craters. The interesting one is the crater in the upper right corner. I downloaded the Jpg-Image brightened it two times with Photoshop Elements 10 and stored it als PNG to avoid further compression. And now take a look at the crater mentioned before and marked in the enhanced and attached image.

On the other hand it´s not that exciting. It´s "probably just a rock" that "coincidentally" looks like a building with clear right angels, a roof and concrete wall-structures. If somebody actually should recognize a building, it´s definitely caused by paradolia. It´s the same, if you recognize a building in your neighbor´s house. That house is also a rock and just seems to be a building, caused by your and ALL THE OTHER NEIGHBOR`S paradolia.... :lol: :lol: :lol: B) B) B) .

I see what I see. So what do you see ?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #7306 by Haymaker
Don't think the feature you pick out is a building. I enlarged.

Just below is what looks like an image artefact. It looks like an artificial cylinder standing proud of the surface but it casts no shadow. It is not a scratch on the image. I was thinking maybe it was deliberate. NASA hiding something.

Also look at the crater just to the right. Something standing up here - looks like a column. But it is not very clear.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Haymaker.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: