question-circle Structure and Manipulation on the Moon, Apollo 15

8 years 11 months ago #1544 by Todd
There appears to be some kind of structure present between the two craters in this Apollo 15 panoramic image, AS15-P-0361 . The image shows an area of the lunar surface east of Condorcet Crater . The images below was processed from the raw tif tile (tile 1).

NASA/JSC/Arizona State University Original

That same image shows what appears to be a group of craters connected by a large trench network. I have seen this sort of thing before in other Lunar images.

NASA/JSC/Arizona State University Original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1550 by Cruisedad
Take a look, and I think you'll be a little shocked. It looks like there's some work going on....on the moon and it's not us. It looks like our insect buddies from Mars are there (just my opinion). Where are they going next? Also look at all the tread marks to the left or back of the front end loader. You'll also see them in the bright area below the loader, so there busy building something, or mining. You can also see several other insect type people working in the area. If you look at the side of the bucket facing us you'll see dirt and dust falling to the ground from the back of it.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Cruisedad. Reason: Added some info

More
8 years 11 months ago #1555 by Todd
I would only speculate that if it is structure, it may be some how dependent on the two similar sized craters on the outside. It appears attached to both of them.

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #1556 by Cruisedad
Hi Todd,

I was looking at this thing also in the inverted mode, and I believe the one dark circle toward the bucket appears to be a fuel tank for the unit. At least one dark spot in the back of it I think is NASA inspired, and if you look at the tread marks they go right into the dark circles and come out the other side. I can also see the driver and the leavers. He has both hand on controls, and is leaning to the left, so you can see the back of his seat.
I know it's all speculation, but I tell you it sure looks like what I'm saying to me:)

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1557 by Haymaker
This is also from Tile 1. I thought it was of interest because the local terrain looks different to most what is found in Tile 1.

There are needle like shadows/structures and curious column like rock formations.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Haymaker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd

More
8 years 11 months ago #1558 by Todd
Imo, most newly formed craters appear to have little, if no, ejecta mantle. Some of these older craters have huge mantles that surround the crater for miles. But a lot of them don't look like random debris, they look like organized systems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn, Cruisedad

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #1565 by Jim Benson
Replied by Jim Benson on topic Structure and Manipulation on the Moon, Apollo 15
Wow! There are a lot of amazing things in that picture. In your illustration, slightly above and to the left of the ROLL BAR, looks like a weapon mounted on something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisedad

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: