question-circle Structure and Manipulation on the Moon, Apollo 15

8 years 11 months ago #1584 by Haymaker
OK found it again. So its Tile 1 available here.
wms.lroc.asu.edu/apollo/view?image_name=AS15-P-0362
"Lava tube" located here...

This represents approximately 100% view. The red line should be equal to about 2 pixels.

And here it is rotated at roughly 100%
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisedad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1588 by Haymaker
Just realised the "lava tube" is located close to the large trench network Todd identifies in the OP . (This time I think I have the right perspective. Previously it was mirrored). However if you compare this to the second image Todd posted, this version is rotated 180 degrees and mirrored; otherwise the "lava tube" looks upside down. But maybe it is not a tube.

On this view I have the dials at the bottom of the image and the numbers are not mirrored.

If the dials are on the left of the image not mirrored then the "lava tube" is still an interesting feature but we lose the perspective that suggests it is a tube and it look more like a trench with a curious "E" feature.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Haymaker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisedad

More
8 years 11 months ago #1593 by Todd
According to the LPI page, the panoramic camera covers 20km (in direction of spacecraft movement) by 320km. Features that are 1 to 2 meters across are visible.
www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/missions/apollo/apollo_15/experiments/mpc/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Haymaker, Cruisedad

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #1595 by Cruisedad
I've got a shocker coming up for you guys. Give me a couple of hours. WOW!!!!

More
8 years 11 months ago #1597 by Jim Benson
Replied by Jim Benson on topic Structure and Manipulation on the Moon, Apollo 15
Thanks for the response-the video is really telling. It has always been frustrating dealing with what NASA puts out to us. But, I researched a committee that I think the govt. put together-The Collins Elite Group. They were tasked with finding out who was piloting UFO's, where they were from, etc. Apparently, the govt/NASA didn't like what the committee found out, so they put a lid on their findings. But, with some of the things we see, The Collins Elite Group might have been correct.
We got to keep on searching for our own answers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

More
8 years 10 months ago #1629 by Dawn
Did someone else already point this out? If so, sorry, this just jumped out at me! Looks like a tubular object protruding from the ground, with 4 claws at the end. Kinda creepy looking!
Attachments:

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: